2011/11/27

Superman only for a Saturday


Found this while browsing Tumblr and thought it was rather... exquisite, haha. It's a banana popsicle modelled after a real banana, and I'm guessing the peel's jelly. Want to try it so badly, but unfortunately, it's only found in Taiwan.

Speaking of Taiwan, I've been crazy over the island nation lately, probably because I've been exposing myself to a lot more Mandarin pop music and Taiwanese drama serials compared to last time. And the fact that a lot of my friends are in Taiwan right now either on my school's immersion programme or a simple family getaway doesn't make it better at all. Either way, I'm terribly envious... but hey, at least I stand a chance of looking forward to souvenirs when they return. Heh.

Guess I should get started on the meat of this entry: what I've been up to the past few days. First off, there was the swim camp, which I guess I'll elaborate next time in greater detail... provided I don't put it off (which I probably will). But if I were to provide a short overview... I guess it was alright? Wasn't that enjoyable, but I shouldn't ask for more, being the wallflower in the team and all.

Yesterday was eventful as well, though it didn't start on a high note. Due to the fact that I returned from camp only at midnight, I woke up late that morning... much to my despair. And that got me jumping out of bed in horror and hurrying to switch on my laptop, at the same time praying I would be able to complete Christon's birthday card design on time. But I managed to with some time to spare in the end, which was a huge relief.

Met Rashid at Changi City Point after printing the final design to pass him some construction paper so he could make his card as well. But shortly after meeting him I had to rush off to Kembangan to meet Christon, Cliff & Yi Ren and go down to Jurong West for service with them. So basically the whole while I was running from place to place. :/

On a side note, it didn't occur to me that Christon's wrist fracture was that bad until I noticed that he wasn't only 'flaunting' an arm cast; the cast had to be supported by cloth tied around his neck as well. Praying for his quick healing!

Back to topic — throughout the entire train ride from Kembangan all the way to Pioneer, we were engaged in a game of Risk on Cliff's iPad (it was my first attempt at that game). As usual, I'm always the slowest when it comes to picking up new things... so I ended up losing the game very terribly. :S

Moving on to service. In hindsight, it was OK. Phil Pringle was being a little incoherent as usual, but I took home some cool knowledge from his sharing. Like how the Bible had this numerical significance to it. It's really amazing though. Dan Brown can probably employ the knowledge in his future novels or something, heh.

After service, we celebrated Christon's birthday and while the rest left first, I hurried to prepare his birthday card before joining them a little later at Jurong Point. Had dinner at the 家香面 shop there, delicious as expected. :) Also got to know that Shanggei's sister did very well for the PSLE over our meal, and it didn't occur to me as a surprise. She'll most probably be up for Cedar Girls' Secondary School's IP culminating in Victoria JC. And speaking of VJ, the school's been opening up more and more affiliations lately... won't be surprised if its cut-off L1R5 aggregate for future JAEs drops to 2. :S TJ should really have affiliations of its own as well, it ain't that bad as it's made out to be. :P

Anyway, headed straight home after dinner with a few church mates after much indecision and dilly-dallying on the cell group's part (as usual). And with that, my Saturday was concluded.

Too lazy to continue with writing about today... lol. Forever procrastinating. Tomorrow, perhaps? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment