2011/11/22

A week worthy of remembrance

你说我傻 傻在爱上没有感情的分身
我说你傻 傻在爱他就固执的奋不顾身
我们都傻 傻在宁愿被牺牲也不愿放弃天真
还在期待会有奇迹出现
So... what have I been up to lately, you may ask. Well, recently I've been watching this Taiwanese drama series titled '醉后决定爱上你'. It's an enjoyable catch, but not the best I'd say. It's really humourous though (one of the selling points of the drama). Also, the leads act really well. Rainie Yang 杨丞琳 and Joseph Chang 张孝全 (seen in the MV above) already make an amazing pair to begin with. :) The cheesiness of the show is also at a threshold that is tolerable, and I assume it's because of its Mandarin nature. For some reason, love expressed in Chinese comes off as more of appropriately romantic — artistic, even — rather than mushy and goosebump-inducing. That's fortunate I guess, because I only watch Asian dramas. :P

Besides catching up on TV, for the past few days I've also been meeting up with people who matter. :) And that definitely gave me a pleasant sense of fulfillment!

On Friday, I went out with Rashid, Janet & Sylvia to visit BookFest 2011 at Suntec City (the book fair I worked for last December). Didn't get anything, or rather, didn't dare to get anything, because the BookFest's forever packed like a can of sardines, and this makes the queues at the cashier counters snake on and on and on. Would've stayed there till maybe 9pm if we decided to get something, haha.

Walked to Marina Square after we've browsed the place enough, where I headed to the MUJI store to get a 2012 schedule. I didn't in the end, because no matter how much I was tempted to, I still convinced myself in the end that buying a schedule from the store simply equals daylight robbery, heh. I'm just terribly thrifty like that.

Left the store shortly after we entered to browse even more within the vicinity. While browsing, we stumbled upon a number of interesting gift stores. Even chanced upon a store selling African- & Indian American-themed stuff, and personally I was fascinated by them, especially the dreamcatchers. They bore an exquisite charm, far beyond that in the photos with random models I usually see reblogged all over Tumblr, haha.

But despite all the heavy window-shopping we did, I fulfilled my mission in the end, which was to get a new pair of jeans. Guess you can say I'm a happy child now. :D

Had dinner at the food court with the breathtaking view of the Singapore skyline after all the walking around. The fact that it was during the evening made everything a whole lot better. :)

Saturday night was spent with my church mates. Was initially running late for church, but thankfully my dad offered to drive me to Bartley station to make my journey a little quicker. :) Got to Jurong West a little late in the end still, but not late enough to miss anything major.

Hate how recently services have always been like that lor... I even realised that I was dragging myself to church and cell group meetings at times, probably because of my own entanglements with some people there. But not to worry, if one of you readers is currently a cell group mate of mine, I don't plan on leaving church or anything of that sort. It's just... I probably need to get over certain problems on my part, and fortunately I'm currently doing a good job. :) God's really been answering my prayers faithfully. SO... not to worry.

The process of finding a place for dinner that night was spontaneous in a good way. :) And I really liked it. Initially we had planned to go all the way to Clementi, but we chose to drop off halfway at some random place within a HDB jungle in the end. Apparently the place is Gek Poh Shopping Centre, just another one of those neighbourhood centres.

Went home with Hui Yen after dinner, and it's becoming more and more of a routine. I'd prefer it that way, though. It's never awkward when I'm with her, and that applies with the friends whom I find very dear to me. :)

Sunday night was spent catching up with Hui Jie & Yu Yun at Tampines. Had dinner at Manpuku, where we talked about people, events, our schools, aspirations, plans, ideas... everything under the sun for that matter. Really enjoy how they're always able to enrich my way of thinking from every angle. And how our conversations can just go on and on and on. I still remember the brief period before the O-Levels — we were always studying together at White Sands, and always ending up chatting away non-stop, hahaha.

Went back to school yesterday, and I have to say, it's really pointless now. Headed home after lunch with the second row to catch some zzz's before training at ITE Simei, after which I met up with Yi Ren, Jia Yu, Cliff & Terence at Bedok to prepare for Hing Cheung's birthday surprise outside his Kembangan terrace, heh. It was pretty successful!

Took the train home after everything with Jocelyn. And she told me about how she knows that I keep a blog, lol. Now that really freaked me out... in a good way, I guess? :) It's always nice to know that I have readers, after all, I dedicate a lot of time to blogging whenever I decide to do it. So if you're a reader, please drop a message or even leave a comment... I really won't mind. With your name of course. I really don't bite. :)

Anyway, I just returned home from dinner with Michelle & Sheryl at Old Airport Road. Initially planned to go down to Parkway after for some book sale Sheryl was interested in going... but didn't in the end, due to their curfews (tsk). Chatted with Michelle on the way home about the usual (hahaha), as well as about some struggles on my part. But I believe at the end of the day all of us'll be just fine. :)

Well, guess I've blogged enough... time to sleep. School tomorrow and swim camp the day after, and no, I'm not looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment