Other than being like a person with no direction in life whatsoever (still contemplating if I should remove the 'like'), Christmas week was spent on brief meetings with different groups of friends, and well, rotting away at home.
On Boxing Day, I headed to Orchard Road with Rashid, Jasper & Jun Jie to accompany Rashid to get a gift for his parents' anniversary. He got his gift faster than we thought he would, and so for the next 3 hours or so we walked around the area leisurely and at our own pace. It was a good day to spend in town, because the weather was clear and the Christmas crowds have more or less cleared. Got the book that I've always wanted to get at the huge Kinokuniya there (favourite haunt forever), as well as accompanied Jasper to Fourum at Ngee Ann City and waited for him to get his art supplies, and he took a really long time deciding on the colours for his origami papers. Though it's not like we didn't have time to waste.
For the last leg of the roam around Orchard Road, we went to TANGS, where I bought my maiden cup of Chatime milk tea. Tried 日出紅豆奶茶, and I thought it was really good! But well, bubble tea in Singapore'll continue to be awesome (at the expense of thick wallets) so long as the Taiwanese chains continue to run. Went upstairs to the department store as well to check out the daypacks they had on the shelves, and man, were they expensive or what? I just can't fathom how daypacks with plain designs can cost up to S$150 these days. Things just keep getting more expensive. :/ I'll still have to get one with a plain design in neutral/monochrome colours though, I just find daypacks with fancy/elaborate/colourful designs or graphic prints... excessively ugly. Haha, the pains of a thrifty person with an expensive taste.
Before we left the place, we dropped by the Toys "R" Us at Paragon to find Atika. She's currently there on a holiday job as a gift wrapper, and I have to say, that job's anything but relaxing. Personally I wouldn't work as one, especially during the Christmas season... the pressure's just way too huge for me to handle, hahaha.
The next 2 days or so (including today) were, well, spent at home, and whenever I spent the day at home this week, I would be staring squarely into the laptop screen... coding. I sound like such a geek here, but I can't deny that I enjoy coding, especially when it's from scratch. Gives me a sense of control, and it kinda enables me to express my inner... sophistication. Not kidding, hahaha. So far I've cleaned up my Tumblr blog as well as submitted a couple of designs to the BlogSkins portal; there's most probably more works to come.
If I'm not outside, coding, reading, stalking people on Facebook, listening to music on YouTube or spamming Tumblr with pictures & text, then I'm either doing my homework (WHOA) or, more probably, watching a drama series on the computer. Just last night, I downloaded an episode of 'Heartstrings', a Korean drama featuring Park Shin Hye & Jung Yong Hwa (from CNBlue):

And so far, it's good! I really, really like the setting of the series, it makes me feel as if I jumped right into a school life manga. Let's hope it won't disappoint; will be starting on Episode 2 later.
Yesterday was also spent outside, but this time, at my usual haunt during the exam period — the National Library at Bugis. :/ Because school's gonna reopen real soon and I have a whole shitload to do, I figured it'd only be right to hit the books now, lol. But definitely, I will not get everything done by the 9th of Jan.
Left the library a little earlier than usual for Braddell. After Michelle got off work at SPH, her, Sheryl & I went down to Toa Payoh to catch up over dinner. Had roast duck noodle at the Food Alley there, and I have to say, Toa Payoh's preserved its charm so well! Haven't been there in ages yet the homely atmosphere's still as strong as ever. :) It's hard to believe 12 years just flew by like that, that place gave my childhood so much to remember.
Decided to go to Junction 8 at Bishan afterwards because there wasn't really anything there anyway, besides food and KOI, lol. Walked around aimlessly for a bit, and I also spent the time checking out daypacks. Still haven't decided on which brand to get though.
Headed home early because Sheryl had to meet her curfew (as usual). Got home via the bus from Hougang Interchange; a routine whenever I go home from a night out with my JC friends, I realised. And then I didn't sleep until the it's-4am-and-it's-not-natural-for-me-to-not-already-be-in-bed feeling struck, like all the other days this week.
On another note, LE SIGH. Tomorrow, I'll be busy, busy, busy all over again. It's like some sort of cycle; with every day of rest comes a day of jam-packed madness. But you know, I'd really rather my life be like this. Compared to the daily madness school brings, my life now's a bed of roses.
No comments:
Post a Comment