2012/01/11

Birthday highs (and lows)

The past few days have been really tiring for me; I barely had the time to even catch my breath. But hopefully tomorrow will mark an unofficial end to a really long week. Training this week's pushed forward from Friday, and after taking a quick look at my timetable, I also realised that school ends early that day. :) So I'm really grateful for this (although extremely rare) plan-free, leisurely (hopefully!) Friday that I'll soon be enjoying.

So, today was Rashid's birthday, and I'm really honoured to be part of the celebrations for his special day, which I thought went pretty well; better than I expected it to, at least. :) Along with a group of friends from secondary school, we had a delightfully sumptuous, but extremely sinful dinner at East Coast Lagoon Food Village. Pigged out on a lot of barbecued and grilled food, of which included satay, barbecued chicken wings, oyster omelette and the grilled sambal stingray. It truly was a feast to die for! Caught up quite a bit with the ex-schoolmates I haven't met up for a while as well, so all was great. And I really have them to thank for coming down despite their immense workload from school, and the fact that they haven't really finished studying for their various class tests.

Planning for this day did stretch me quite a bit, but I guess in the end it was all worthwhile. Furthermore, it was also my fault for assuming tasks only when deadlines started drawing really near. But I guess the whole experience was a blessing in disguise; managed to really talk to a couple of friends whom I would usually not hold conversations with. Met up with Liting & Edenuis at MOS Burger Bedok Point yesterday, after which I engaged Yiren, Junjie & Kristine at the McDonald's opposite our secondary school. Also, though there were some things that didn't exactly work out quite right, with the help of people who care, I managed to let unpleasant issues go surprisingly quickly. And I'm really grateful for that! Feeling so blessed right now. :)

Apart from my miscellaneous plans, school has also been doing great at keeping me really busy. For one, I now know the importance of really leaving holiday homework for the holidays, though I still can't see myself rectifying my "vice" of procrastinating homework till after school reopens. But school is, after all, still a bitch. And nothing will ever change that fact, at least not until the day I graduate.

As mentioned earlier, hopefully tomorrow will be the final busy day of this week. Really need some time to take a breather and really just rest. It's just crazy, how I've been coming home after dark every day the past few days and all. After training tomorrow, I shall burn the midnight oil in preparation for Friday's "much anticipated" Chemistry test. And that should be all for the hellish week already. No, actually, it must be all.

No comments:

Post a Comment