I wanted to put blogging off to a couple of tomorrows, but I ended up here anyway since I'll never start if I keep procrastinating, haha.
So today wasn't a lazy Sunday at all, like how every Sunday's supposed to be. In fact, it was one of the craziest Sundays ever. Probably because I had a PW meeting in my house. No, wait. Precisely because.
Tried to read a little bit of Chemistry in the morning but I had to go down to the station to pick Fransisca up before I could get started on any tutorial, so in the end I didn't really do anything at all. Ran some errands before I met her, including getting myself a new pair of earpieces when I told her I was still buying ink cartridges to print the WR; little did I know that I made her wait for nearly half an hour in the end, haha.
Started with some research to support some new claims we made in our report when we got back. Jeanette came down after a while, and from then on we just went full steam ahead. It was awesome, because for this entire year, we've never had a single productive meeting. Managed to complete editing and printing the report at 9.30pm, with a lot of laughter, jokes and mini antics in between. The objective of the day was bleak, but the process was, well... different. In a good way of course. ;)
My parents were, as usual, extremely amicable and helped me be a good host to my friends. And I really can't thank them enough for that. Looking back at everything they've done today, including encouraging us as we racked our brains over the report and sending Fransisca & Jeanette home, I really have to say that they're the best parents I could ever ask for. Although it's quite annoying how they're way too generous sometimes, haha.
Chilled a little after I got back from sending them home with my dad, before Michelle started a conference call with Sheryl & I to plot a birthday wish for Kai Yuan. Basically she got us to keep quiet, after which she included Kai Yuan into the conference to supposedly discuss PW with him. And then all of a sudden, when the clock struck twelve, we started singing a birthday song for him. It was quite the failure, but at least we did it with sincerity, haha!
Yesterday was a long day as well. In the morning/early afternoon before service, I was over at the Outward Bound Singapore campus at East Coast Park. Had breakfast at Changi Airport McDonald's with Adam, Chu Bin & Alvin before boarding a bus down to the place, where we attended an important briefing about the India trip I'll be going for at the end of this year. Had an ice-breaking session after that, particularly with the Catholic JC students who'll be joining us for the expedition. From the looks of everything, I guess the India expedition's gonna be quite amazing. Though I can't say this so soon. But I should choose to be positive, right?
Got really tired during service because I spent an entire morning out. But the second half really kept me awake, haha. It was basically a really touching display of testimonies from ordinary people who, by the grace of God, overcame their obstacles.
The church screened the live soccer match between Liverpool and Manchester United right after service because Pastor, being the considerate him, knew that they wouldn't get home in time to catch it in its full glory. Since I wasn't that hardcore a fan of either team, I decided to go for dinner before going back to the hall. Had it at Banquet along Esplanade Xchange, but it wasn't exactly that pleasant due to a mishap which ended up with a bag stained by teriyaki sauce, shoes glazed with mayonnaise and chicken sprawled all over the table. And quite a lot of frustration that followed. The situation was overall quite awkward, but I guess everything's been cleared and all.
Despite all the sticky situations, I have to say that I spent this weekend quite fruitfully. And I believe it wouldn't be fruitful if not for the lows and all. Cliched, I know, so I'll stop. :P
Ah... time to face yet another week.
No comments:
Post a Comment