2011/10/13

Temporary shelter from the storm

Long time no see — so long such that I believe that I'm currently writing this entry for no reader.

As promised, I'm here resuming blogging after an extremely long break of 2 months, and after the indescribably tumultuous Promotional Exams. You should have assumed that while I was away, I was busy cramming facts and reciting essays, right? Well, I wasn't, although of course, I did study, though not to the point where I could just drop dead. I guess I'll always be the kind who can't give my best for something I don't even have sub-optimal interest in. And I'm proudly admitting to this as I've also bore the consequences of always not preparing enough for the papers, haha. My results were, unfortunately, terrible. I'm not even certain if I can be promoted to JC2 with the scores I have so far.

Anyway, as with any long break, it's only natural for me to say that a lot of events have happened over the past two months, both good and bad, though not many have been significant enough to leave a lasting impression in my memory. In between the studying was play and my commitment to Project Work (I really can't be bothered with elaborating on this pain in the ass so I'll just leave it as it is). Although life has been difficult for me most of the time, there has always been reasons, although subtle, for me to continue to find meaning in my days.

In case you were wondering, I'm currently not at home, comfortable on my swivel chair and typing away after a nice, warm shower. And I'm definitely not anywhere close to that, as I'm still in school, in a claustrophobia-inducing room, drained and sleepy after a long, long day of exam paper collection, tutorials, lectures and presentations. But I wouldn't deny that the situation I'm in now is the very reason why I decided to take out my laptop and blog, hahaha. Too boring you see. Right now, I'm currently waiting for my friends to wrap up their PW discussion and the reason why I'm so (kindly) waiting is because I'm contemplating if I should go down to Farrer Park to have Seoul Garden for dinner with my friends. Honestly, I'm kinda reluctant to go for the latter, since I'll probably have a lot of PW stuff to do tonight. But it's Seoul Garden!

Sigh, this year, or rather, JC, really forced me to deal with numerous trade-off situations. And more often than not, I always end up doing the things I would rather not do, haha. Guess that's why I feel that my life sucks so much right now. But, as I've mentioned before, I shall always try to look at my circumstances through rose-tinted glasses... as far as possible, at least.

Can't wait for my freedom to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment