To be very honest, I felt that the whole event was a waste of time; a touch-and-go affair. It was a nightmare, having to simultaneously carry stacks of old newspapers and bags stuffed with old clothing (though actually it wouldn't really be that bad a nightmare if it wasn't for the fact that it was Saturday), and to make things worse, my class was assigned the old-type HDB flats, where the lifts only brought us to certain floors. As a result, we found ourselves toiling while repeatedly climbing up and down the stairs to reach floors not served by the lifts.
I really believed that I couldn't get any more crankier then, because the week before really made me both mentally and physically exhausted. I really didn't see a purpose in slogging during a day when I could've gotten some rest. But at least the efforts I put in didn't really go to waste; after all, what I did was for a cause. And I wouldn't deny that I was kept rather entertained by the classmates I worked with, hahaha.
My class got off work at around 1pm, so we decided to head to a nearby hawker centre for lunch. Mrs Chua treated all of us to a cup of bubble tea each, and honestly I didn't expect her to be so nice. After all, she was always holding us back for an extra period whenever her Chemistry classes with us fell before a break. :/ But regardless of whether she's been nice or not, I'll still have to get to appreciating her anyway (she's the form teacher for my class this year), for my final year in TJ to be smoother one.
On another note, the Economics test on Tuesday was, in the end, cancelled!! :) Which was a good thing for me because I didn't study much, heh. I didn't have training on that day too, so I decided to stay back in school after classes ended to catch up on my work. The session wasn't very productive, but I strongly believe that I wouldn't have done as much work as I did if I went straight home after school. While studying, I also played around with the Instagram on Michelle's new iPhone 4S, and came up with some pretty nice (LOL in my opinion at least) shots:

We left school at around 6pm to meet Sheryl at the station before heading home together. I still remember how I still had the Permutations & Combinations tutorial to complete when I got home (it was already around 8 then)... it was just terrible. Turned in very late that night. :/
The next day, I went to the swimming pool at ITE College East to train after school. Admittedly, ever since the teachers-in-charge of the swim team got serious and hired a new coach, the trainings have become more intense. I was really bushed at the end of training that day, and at a certain point when I was still swimming, I even faced difficulties breathing. Kinda over exerted myself I guess. So that day, to put it in short, was demoralising. But at least I bothered to make an effort to go down and train... that itself to me is already an accomplishment.
On to more cheerful things — Chinese New Year's finally round the corner (:D!), and I thought it'd be good if I considered doing some major priority reshuffling to mark some sort of 'new beginning' for myself. After the festive season ends, I will be expected to go full steam ahead in terms of academics, and I really need to prepare for that. Right now I'm still approaching my work half-heartedly, and succumbing to numerous, "lethal" distractions. I still haven't grasped good time management, and this really sucks, because 2012's a really important school year. Therefore, I really, really need to set my priorities straight, so that everything will fall nicely together, each in their own rightful place. So that I can finally start being productive, as well as start inching closer and closer to my ultimate goal for this year, which is to do exceedingly well for the A-Level exams.
So, hope you'll wish me luck, to whoever's reading this right now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment