Truly I believe that this is a period for me to trust in God and His kingdom more. I especially relate to the fact that sometimes, we just need to step out of our comfort zones, abandon our narrow perceptions of success and gratification, and embrace whatever disappointments or failures with the conviction that yes, though God may not be giving you what you want most right now, He will always be sure to give you what you need. On top of that, read somewhere recently that God can also work through unanswered prayers, and I couldn't agree more. Unanswered prayers compel us to delve deep into our inner selves, to realise what exactly is it that we yearn for, and to see the bigger picture such that we would be able to reflect upon our own lives with greater understanding.
- Knowing God → trusting God.
- God is not a man that He should lie.
- <Isaiah 55:8-9> - ""For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.""
- Trusting God compels us to abandon even things that may seem important to us at that moment, such as goals we believe would bring us satisfaction/fulfillment if achieved. It's about entering a dimension of initial uncertainty, only to attain something so much greater.
- "The man plans his ways, but the Lord directs his steps."
- Take the first step in a general direction, and God will be sure to follow through. It's about being active - both initiative and God's will comes into play in this journey of self-discovery. God moves when you move.
Feeling so much better now actually. Right now I also believe that I can better make major decisions without worrying too much about whatever domino effect I might spark off. I think it's great, this knowledge and assurance that things are indeed under control. It's definitely time for me to stop feeling ashamed (!), to stop beating round the bush, and to start stepping up the faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment