2013/11/13

Nothing much going on lately


November has so far been one of the quieter months this year, and I attribute that to how I'm staying out and just going home almost every day after every bike lesson, tired and longing for some personal time. I also realised that I would so much rather spend time alone when a conflict between going social and shutting every door behind you for a night arises (weekends are pretty much irrelevant here, because they're days where I would have time for both). And I guess it says quite a lot about how I view the value of my current friendships. It's not that they're bad, but I just think that right now, nothing feels very 'fresh'. It's kinda sad, but it's nobody's fault; it just happens sometimes. Let's just say I miss those days of spontaneity and flexibility, where my good friends and I were all in the same place, and nobody needed to try too hard to have a good time. I miss that.

In other news, bike course (of course): passed my public road test today. :) I'm starting to believe that I'm really a one-hit wonder in this course, and it scares me a bit mainly because I lack self-confidence, leading to thoughts like, plot twist: someone was riding the bike for you. But I definitely believe that I did meet a decent standard at least, after all the training (and insults). Maybe constantly putting me down is my instructor's special way of dealing with me and making sure I pass, since he did the same prior to the circuit and balancing test. Then again, I was honestly convinced that I would fail before I got the results this morning, because I did continue to commit a couple of mistakes. But I guess it's a good idea for all to just leave this in the past and give nothing short of my best for the upcoming programmes, hahaha.

Off-road training today was rather bad, and I made quite a lot of silly mistakes despite demos that were pretty straightforward. I guess it's because my weight (or lack thereof actually...) is still not accustomed to the bike. This is something I really need to improve on.

So besides the course, nothing much has been going on lately. And I'm both happy and sad about it, lol. I would say it's just a ~phase~.

No comments:

Post a Comment